Martin Blidberg is only 25 years old, but he is already experienced in e-commerce business. Jollyroom has only been around for five years and they’ve been expanding very fast. They moved from Mölndal to Hisingskärra, only one and a half year ago, because they outgrew the storage. Once again they looked for, and recently found, larger facilities where they can get room to grow even more.
– We had a turnover of 22 million Euro last year and we aim for 100 million Euro limit by year 2017, says Martin.
" – We look for suppliers that have the energy and commitment, just as Helge Nyberg AB has got.
Martin Blidberg, operations manager Jollyroom
Jollyroom is an e-commerce business that has got the biggest range of products for small children and babies, and for pregnant women. The absolutely highest order intake happens on Sunday evenings and at night.
– I believe this depends on that being nursing periods… says Martin and smiles.
The company wants it to be easy to access their products. You should be able to sit and breastfeed and at the same time shop for baby things with your cell phone or your iPad. Parents of toddlers are often stressed and they need to be in several places at the same time.
– That’s what it’s all about. We want to make life easy for our customers.
A supplier that helpsus think
As the business grows, has also the need for flexible trolleys increased. The range contains everything from the smallest of tube of a few centimeters, to big playhouses. And everything in between. That kind of logistics and warehouse requires a lot.
– We are looking for suppliers that have the same energy and commitment, just as Helge Nybergs has got. They help us come up with solutions that fits our company with the experience that Helge Nyberg possesses, it is impossible for anyone else to find better solutions. The suppliers that know their products, are the ones we want to work with, Martin says.
Helge Nyberg’s trucks and trolleys are flexible, and flexibility is everything in the world of Jollyroom. It’s very easy to adjust the shelves and dividers in the trolleys.
– In a couple of minutes we can rebuild a trolley and adapt it to the size of the objects being picked, Martin says.
A couple of trolleys with the pick-train connection are moving around the warehouse. This trolley and truck solution that Helge Nyberg has developed, Martin likes a lot and he is vary happy with the teamwork Helge Nyberg has got with Toyota Material Handling.
– We sence that there is a good teamwork and a positive attitude. It shows while talking to both parties and it is a rare thing, Martin thinks.
The market in Europe
The founder of Jollyroom has got an extensive experience. Earlier on the CEO, Ole Sauar, has participated in starting the company Komplett, which is the biggest in online shopping in the Nordics. The market in Europe also attracts Jollyroom. A challenge when venturing out into Europe, is the delivery time. Out there, you’re used to getting the products the same day. This leads to even higher demands on the picking time.
In an overview of Jollyroom’s warehouse, it may seem slightly chaotic. There are things going on everywhere. Young girls and boys are moving back and forward through the hallways and items are being picked in a high rate.
– I believe that chaos strengthens a general expansion. You need to find solutions all the time and Helge Nyberg helps us to do just that, Martin says.